Saturday, August 23, 2008

Lots of Strips

I was able to finish 3 tops this week. I know I've said it a million times, but for the one million one time - I love jelly rolls. The first 2 pictures are using Tula Pink's Flutterby fabric from Moda. I was able to use one jelly roll for all the strips in both quilts. I added 1 7/8 yards of other fabric for the big strips. When quilted these will make large baby quilts or just the right size lap quilts. I'm pretty pleased with myself. I like the fact that the tops look completely different based on the 2 main fabrics I picked.





This is Simply Strippy from Bonnie over at Quiltville. For this top, I used a jelly roll that I got from the strip club that I sign up for. Instead of using the pattern that was suggested, I decided the fabric would look better as a Simply Strippy quilt. This one I truly can't wait to quilt. It makes me think of water, so I'm going to have to do something wavy. My little helper had to get in the picture too.


Starting to think that I need to work Peg's Challenge again, since I'm not 5 tops up for August.

Have a great weekend.



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

jacquie said...

you are right...that's a lot of strips. 3 tops in a week...maybe you're the bionic quilter?

Amanda Jean said...

I love strip quilts! I'm a huge fan of lots of white in quilts, so the first one pictured is definitely my favorite!