Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year


I really can't believe we are heading into 2009 in a matter of hours. This year seems to have FLOWN by. I remember complaining as a kid that New Years Eve didn't come soon enough. Now I wish it would slow down just a little. My dad always tells me "wait until you get to be my age." YIKES. New Years Eve is always that time for reflection and sappiness for me. I am so incredibly blessed and some times I just take it for granted. The big thing for me this year has been marriage and finally understanding Grandma's comment of it's a lot of give and take. I'm pleased to say I've been married for 17 years and have gone through some seriously rough rough patches. I think that give and take kicked in and we were able to work through it. To me that's a pretty big feat considering how easy it is to get a divorce these days. I'm so glad that I'm married to my best friend.

OK, enough seriousness. My friend Christine came over yesterday to play with the quilting machine. I kept teasing her and calling her a show off. It's amazing to me how some people just step up to those machines and the stitching is so natural. I feel like I struggle with quilting. It could be that I'm my own worst critic, I don't know. Christine did great. She's so excited to come over now and try her hand at some baby quilts.

On the embroidery machine front, it has now gone back to the manufacturer (Babylock). I'm very sad that I got the machine that was made on a Friday or Monday. I have been working like a fool though on the loaner that they sent home with me. There are so many people out there who digitize and make very cool designs. It's been hard trying to contain myself and not spend every red cent I've made in the last 2 weeks on new designs.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe New Year's Eve. The plan is to just hang out at home tonight with some friends and play Wii games. Very exciting, don't you think?

Until next year....

No comments: