Friday, May 15, 2009

MQS

All I can say is WOW. There were some INCREDIBLE quilts at the show. I've decided that I want to quilt like Janet Fogg when I grow up. Not like it's going to happen any time soon, growing up that is.

mqs 051509

I posted 115 pictures out there that I took today. Okay, so I have an issue. I would have taken more, but I thought that it might be overkill. The whole time I was walking around, I could hear my step mom in the back of my head - PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE. I know that my skills could become so much better, if I would just take the time to practice. It does all come down to time (which for me, there is never enough).

I can't show the pictures of what I bought, well because I will get in a LOT of trouble. :-)

Playing with the machines was a lot of fun. I'm really impressed with the new Gamill Mid-Arm and the Babylock Jewel. Those were the 2 that I had the most fun with. Very excited to find out though that Nolting came out with a micro-drive attachment. I don't know if I will EVER get into the itty bitty tiny stitching, but the drive was TOTALLY cool.

So, stitch regulators - I can't decide if I'm a convert to them. I had fun playing with the machines on regulator mode. Since my machine doesn't have a stitch regulator, I've learned the feel and have become pretty consistent with the stitches. The regulator was fun though. For some reason I wasn't afraid to do things like feathers and crazy curly Q's, which I am on my machine. Don't know why, but I am. Anyhow, really weighing that whole thing.

One last story for tonight. If you are on Facebook (I am), did you know there is a Marketplace application? I just found it the other day. Very cool concept. The bad thing, I was selected by some goon to see if he could pull of a scam. To me it sounded like wire fraud. He wanted to buy one of my quilts for his "client" in Malaysia. The goon, as I so nicely refer to him, said he would send me a money order for more than the amount of the quilt, but then I was to wire the remaining money elsewhere. My response, probably not the most politically correct, Yeah, I'm not OK with that. Give me a money order or use PayPal or take a hike. Guess what, haven't heard from the goon again. Nice!

Well, big weekend. I have a quilt to quilt tomorrow for a lady I work with. Bridal Shower in the afternoon and a wedding veil to make. Oh yeah, and new stuff that I bought today, to play with.

Have a great weekend.



No comments: