Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Design Wall and a Flimsy

This is what I have on the design wall right now.  After I snapped the shot, I worked on more apple cores and put an outside row of brown and white blocks on the other. The apple core blocks were cut using my Accuquilt GO.  I love that little machine. The fun part of the Valentine quilt is that it started out as a disappearing 9 patch.  That block never fails to intrigue me.

This is my crazy drunkards path.  I used my Accuquilt GO cutter to cut out the blocks.  I LOVE that crazy little machine. OOPS, I think I might have said that once before.  It makes cutting so much easier for blocks with curves.  I LOVE that I get notches to make matching a breeze.  I cut the aqua border strip using the 2 1/2" die.  It's so much fun to run a yard of fabric through the machine and get strips that are straight and fast. Last night I cut another drunkard's path out.  It's from a magazine, so my blocks will be larger than the pattern.  A few adjustments with the borders and setting strips will be needed. 

I have to share the quilt ladder I got.  When I went to the Olathe Quilt Show, the Lil' Red Hen Quilt Shop had a booth set up.  I couldn't resist because the prices were so good.  The ladder is custom made.  I think there is about a 3 week turn around.  Mine is 7 feet tall.  Isn't it the coolest thing? 


Have a great Wednesday.



1 comment:

Pam said...

The ladder is WAY cool. So you like the GO cutter, lol? I can't imagine sewing all those curves. Please share your trick for that.