Thursday, March 20, 2014

Soccer Quilt

This quilt is definitely a utility quilt.  I made it to take to soccer games to keep warm.  The wind just whips across the fields and it can be pretty miserable sitting outside watching and cheering.  Last year we had an freak April snowstorm that the kids played through.  Now that was miserable.

The one funny story to tell is that the munchkin knew I made a quilt to take with me to soccer.  It has been continually referred to as the soccer quilt.  When I was walking back to the car with her she finally asked why there wasn't anything soccer on the quilt when I keep referring to it as the soccer quilt.  No soccer balls, no team name, no green, no Shamrocks.  She was definitely confused.

The front is made out of bandannas that I picked up at Walmart.  I loved the colors and was trying to figure out something fun to use them for.
Bandanna Quilt

The back is more bandannas and denim.  The batting is wool, which is amazingly warm.
Bandanna Back

I managed to spill coffee on this beauty the first time I used it.  It will have to wait until the end of the season to be washed.  Maybe that's the good luck the team needs.

Thanks for stopping by!!!

No comments: