Thursday, July 3, 2008

Happy 4th of July



This is a quilt that I MUST share with everyone. It was made by Mary Gamper, who used to belong to the Olathe Quilt Guild. Mary died a couple of years back. Her family had an auction and sold off many of the wonderful quilts that Mary made. I was the LUCKY high bidder for this beauty. This quilt was submitted to the Hoffman Challenge and traveled around. Not only did I take home this wonderful quilt, but I took home a couple of others. I need to get them out and take pictures so I can share my treasures.

In honor of the long holiday weekend, I'm hoping to be ambitious and get my RWB strip quilt on the frame and start quilting it.

Tonight I served dinner at the Ronald McDonald room down at Children's Mercy Hospital. Normally we serve about 25-30 people dinner. Tonight it had to easily be 50-60. What a crazy night. It always makes me thankful for what I have.

We have parties galore this weekend, so hopefully I will find some time to sew and blog. If not...have a great 4th of July!

7 comments:

jacquie said...

What an amazing quilt! Have a happy 4th!

KC Quilter said...

Becky, what a gorgeous quilt!! You were lucky! Hope your Fourth was good.

Michelle said...

Wow...what an awesome quilt. So perfect for the 4th of July! :)

Anonymous said...

I love this quilt. I wish I had the talent to make something like this. I also love the name of your blog!!! Visit mine when you have time.

Karen in IN
http://merrylittlequilter.blogspot.com/

Vivian Love said...

I love this quilt. I've never seen one like it. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful little quilt! Thanks for sharing. Hope you had a wonderful 4th of July and thanks for visiting my blog. :-)

West Michigan Quilter said...

I love this quilt. Wish I could do something like that. If you have time visit my blog http://www.westmichquilter.blogspot.com/