Wednesday, September 10, 2008

WOW

Picture courtesy of Melissa's website
The word for last night was WOW. That's all I could keep saying - WOW. I went to the Melissa Etheridge concert at the newly revamped Midland Theatre. Melissa's tour ended on the 1st of September, but she was asked to open the Midland after it's overhaul. She played for 3 hours to the hometown crowd. It was INCREDIBLE. I liken it to going to a Bruce Springsteen concert. The songs were incredible, Melissa's voice was incredible, the venue was incredible, the band was incredible. Incredible, incredible, incredible. Believe me, it takes a lot to move me at a concert, but I was moved.

The songs off the new album "Awakening" are awesome. Lots and lots of meaning to them if you really sit and listen to the words. I loved the fact that Melissa told a story and then sang the song that related to the story. It was fun to hear her take on the songs that I had already formed my own image or opinion on. I think one of the songs that hit me the most was "The Kingdom of Heaven."

The crowd - WOW. What a night for people watching. I don't think my husband can quite appreciate my level of people watching. We were talking in the car on the way home and I was relating things I saw. He finally asked if we are both at the same concert. What can I say, I like to people watch. Alcohol definitely played into some of the stupid behavior I saw. There were 3 girls in front of us that couldn't have seen much of the concert. One was either falling up the stairs on her way for another beer or one was falling down the stairs. The other was slumped over for a good portion of the show and then finally left by herself. There was an older lady (who is going to hate life today) that couldn't even walk out due to the amount she had consumed. I heard her daughter asking if she had consumed any whiskey. HMMMM, she can't walk, she's slurring and just all around stupid, don't you think that might be a good indicator of a whiskey induced stupor. I'm all about having a good time, but HOLY COW!

Again, the word for the night was WOW!!!!


1 comment:

jacquie said...

you lucky dog! my hubby is so jealous.