Sunday, January 31, 2010

Weekend Finishes

2 shirts for a little girl turning 4. She lives in Omaha so I figure she can wear long sleeves into May or June.

I finished my Pickety Stick quilt top. My rendition of Tula Pink's Spiked Punch. I really like how it turned out. Can't wait to get it on the frame and quilt it. That probably won't happen until the end of February or beginning of March though. I really want to get a bunch of projects finished before I start quilting anything.
Sissy thought she needed to be in the picture. I tried throwing some things over the rail to get her to move, but she would just meow at me. I'm sure she was laughing and saying something like Oh that's the best you got, come on give me a break.
This week I will be working on the 2 projects that I lost - horse quilt and bright stripes. Hopefully I can get those tops finished. Along with the tops, I'm hoping to get 15 bags sewn up and delivered. I finished the embroidery before taking the the machine into the shop for some TLC.

Speaking of taking my machine into the shop, boy oh boy what a trip that turned into. First the crazy embroidery machine weights close to 100 lbs so it takes 2 of us to get it upstairs and loaded in the car. I get to listen to my husband grumble every time it's time for service. I just ignore him, so we are good. When we load the machine, it goes into the front seat of my Mazda 6 and then I put the seat belt around it like I'm belting in my best friend. Well yesterday when I arrived at the shop, I released the seat belt and instead of it coming loose like I thought it would, it just kept getting tighter and locking. I figured screw it, I can mess with it when the guys come out to get the machine out of the car. So you would think that guys (2 grown mechanic type men) that work on sewing machines (mechanical things) would be capable of figuring out how to move the machine so that the seat belt would give. No, not the case. The one guy panicked and actually told me I would need to drive to the car dealership to have them release the seat belt. I just looked at him like he had 3 heads. I got in the driver's seat and grabbed the belt and asked him to turn the machine slightly and I could get the belt off then. He just couldn't figure it out. So in my nice lady like voice I yelled at him to grab the machine so it wouldn't pitch out of the car when I turned it. I grunted, turned the machine and released the seat belt, waaa laaaa, machine free. The guy just looked at me like I was the most amazing person for figuring out how to do that. All I could think was HOLY CRAP I let this guy work on my very expensive embroidery machine. So that was my entertainment for Saturday.

I took Grace to the pool today. Not sure who is more tired, me or her.

Have a great week.


Lisa said...

your pickety stick is adorable! love the cheery colors!

jovaliquilts said...

This is a great quilt! At first glance, thought the cat was appliqued onto it. :)