Thursday, January 27, 2011

Treasure & Amy Bradley

We have a store called Fabric Recycles. I love the concept. It's a place you can take all of your sewing stuff and recycle it. It's like a giant Goodwill store for sewing things. It's fun to poke around in because you never know what you might find. So poking was what I was doing Tuesday during lunch. Check out this little treasure.

Cross Stitch Bear
It's a cross stitch picture that someone one put a lot of time into. Big whopping $6. I couldn't leave it at the store. I think I'm going to put a border around it and figure out how to frame it. It will make a great baby gift for someone.

Amy Bradley was the guest speaker at guild on Tuesday night. Her quilts are wonderful. Bright colors and very fun. I look at them and just smile. What else can you do?

Amybradleycollage

I'm taking a class this weekend at Missouri Sewing Machine company, which is where I bought my awesome embroidery machine. The class is on placement and hooping and all sorts of tricks. I love classes like these because the teacher says something and then everyone starts throwing in their ideas. I always take a notebook and am furiously writing things down. I'm hoping to be able to ask how to place designs on garments or bags without having to mark the item up. There's got to be some tricks that I can learn. I'm also taking my machine in for service, so no embroidery for about a week. I don't know what my deal is, but that's all I will want to do while the machine is out of my sight. I'm hoping I can quilt some of my 20 tops while my gal is gone.

Have a great night.


1 comment:

Barb said...

That is an adorable panel....