Thursday, August 7, 2008

Quiltathon - Day 2

I had another productive day. Boy I wish I had more vacation. ... imagine all the things I could finish ...

The guild I joined is having a challenge with the fabric below. I picked up my 6 x 6 piece of challenge fabric.

And made this table runner. Kind of washed out in the picture, but very pretty in person. I followed the stars and blue/green theme of the fabric. I always wanted to make the Churn Dash pattern in one of the Atkinson design books. It just needs to uilted and bound.

The Maypole half square triangles is all pieced together. I waffled on a border, but think it will just be too much. While I like the design, I don't know now that I picked the best fabric. Oh well, live and learn.


I have blocks on my design wall for another quilt that was in progress. Hopefully I can get it all put together this weekend.

Tomorrow is zoo day. There won't be much sewing done because of that.

Have a great day!


1 comment:

jacquie said...

you got lots done! good for you. my son was out at the fair too....hanging out with girls...ah to be young!