- Make a quilt for charity - What a great idea. Why not share things that make me happy.
- Diminish your stash - Hmmmm, that might be a true challenge.
- Learn something new - Great challenge to get me out of the boxes that I'm stuck in.
- Perfect your 1/4" seam - I can try, but my philosophy is so long as I'm consistent....
- Catalog your quilts
- Join a quilt guild - For me, this means that I really need to make an effort to meet with the stitch group once a month - No more excuses.
- Upgrade your sewing machine - That will not happen for a LONG LONG time.
- Visit a quilt show - Okay, twist my arm.
- Replace old tools
- Go to a Quilt Retreat - For me even a personal quilting retreat in the basement for a weekend would be good.
- Gather inspiration everywhere
- Make more quilts
Friday, November 30, 2007
I received my new copy of American Patchwork & Quilting in the mail yesterday. Finally got a chance to sit down and look at tonight. Low and behold, right there on page 1 is a list titled "Be Ambitious" that caught my eye. Looking at some of the items listed got me thinking that I really need to get a grip on all the projects I have started (and not finished) and really get some things completed in 2008.
Today I'm taking the leap into blogland. I have been reading numerous blogs relating to quilting and have become very inspired. I'm also on a quest to use the stash of fabric that I have worked so hard to collect. My hope is that if I write about my projects and show pictures, maybe I will be more inclined to finish things.