Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Guild Meeting

Last night I went to my monthly guild meeting. What a treat!!! Lerlene Nevaril was the guest speaker and she talked about "Make Your Quilt Back Special". While sitting there oooohing and aaaahhing, I had to think about what a coincidence it was that Lerlene was there. With my Finish 5 Challenge in it's beginning stages, the information was PERFECT. Below are some pictures of fronts and back of quilts. (pictures are somewhat out of focus - I think I had a setting not quite right).







Show and tell was great also. Unfortunately no pictures because they were trying to move people through as quick as possible.

I can say with all honesty now, I don't know why I hesitated in joining this guild. What a great group of ladies.


4 comments:

jacquie said...

Glad you had a great time. I love pieced backs on quilts. Such a fun surprise when you turn them over. Did you show a quilt for show and tell?

Amanda Jean said...

I love the pieced backs. this is just the inspiration I needed to finish a quilt without buying any new fabric.

Tine said...

the quilts are 2-in-1! Lovely both front and back!

Cheryl Arkison said...

I firmly believe the back should be as gorgeous as the front.