Thursday, June 19, 2008

String Quilt

Seems that everyone is blogging about Gwen Marston and one of her books that's now out of print. I thought I would share a quilt that I made for Grace. Gwen came to Kansas in October 2003 and I was lucky enough to take a class from her. All the quilts she brought were from her Liberated String Quilts book. I LOVED the class and her techniques. The thing I liked the most was that there was no real measuring until the end when we were ready to cut the final blocks out. Can't seem to find the pictures taken during the class. I'm sure they will surface some day.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Amanda Jean said...

pretty quilt! I need to get started on my own string quilt. I love them.

Mary Johnson said...

I love this string quilt! I don't work in pastel or soft colors much but this is just gorgeous!