Sunday, July 13, 2008

Christmas in July

I finished quilting this today. It's a quilt top that I won from the Springhill group that I sew with once a month. Everyone was to bring a Christmas fat quarter to our Christmas gathering. This was the top made from the fat quaters. I was the lucky one to take it home. I think the ladies I sew with never thought they would see it finished.

Thank goodness for Peg's Finish 5 Challenge, because this is #4.

EDIT:
DH went for a 60 mile bike ride today in Lawrence. 3 hours and 43 minutes. Just too much peddling for me. It amazes me that he's taken to biking the way he has. I'm very impressed since he had hip replacement surgery a little over a year ago.

Did a little shopping this weekend. Just couldn't help myself, yeah well... Today was strip club at Harper's and I had to get the charms from Charm School too. Oh well. Since I'm using this month to finish tops, I will have to wait until next month to start sewing tops/flimsies again.

Have a great week.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Becky...number four...fantastic, I just love it...well done.

jacquie said...

4! Congratulations! You are a whiz! I'm still working on number 2. Maybe I get some extra points since mine started as ideas and not as completed tops. Still, I need to finish something!

Anonymous said...

Wow...this is beautiful! :) By the way, I just read your profile and I lived in Kansas for a few years myself when my son was a baby!! :)