Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Day to Remember

September 11th, 2001 - A day that I will ALWAYS remember. Remember what I was doing shortly after the first plane hit the Tower, where I was and what I did through out the day. It's my "day that will live in infamy."

Since 2001, I have tried to do something charitable on the 11th. This year was no different. Today I gathered with a group of people and made blankets for the soldiers that are currently serving. The 100 blankets we finished were donated to the local Soldiers Angels group. We made fleece blankets, knotted the ends and then sewed a label on each one. Since I got to sew labels, the fun part for me was watching the labels be created. There was a group of kids that worked REALLY hard at being creative.
The Labelers Creating

Hannah - She's 8

Finished Blanket

Have a great night!!!

No comments: