Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Whole Lot of Nothing

Tonight I spent the night pondering, crazy pondering. What would I do if I won the lottery? Buy fabric of course. Maybe a new fancy long arm machine. Definitely some traveling to various quilting venues. I would also enlist the help of a cleaning lady. That leads me to my second ponder - how can 3 people make a house look like such a huge pig sty. OK, it's not as bad as it sounds. A good vacuuming and dusting brought everything back to neat. I just don't get how when we are all gone during the day how the house can become such a giant mess. Does someone come in and party all day while we're gone? If they do, wouldn't it be polite for them to pick up after before leaving??? The bonus of picking up tonight - I don't have to do it tomorrow or even over the weekend.

No sewing for me tonight. I will hit it again tomorrow, since all my cleaning is now done for the week. Because I've been working on bags, I don't have anything current to share. I thought I's share some quilt tops that I did in 2006 and 2007.

This quilt has since been quilted and given to my friend Melissa. This was a birthday, Christmas, birthday, Christmas gift (took me a while to get it done). I decided after this one that I'm very triangle challenged. Every time I worked on it I had to have someone help me lay out the blocks. If I didn't have help, I was infamous for sewing them incorrectly and then having to rip and cuss. Not a pretty site. I found the pattern in the American Patchwork & Quilting (BH&G). I used a variety of reds (which don't show very well in the picture).


This tops was just for fun. I love the dragon fabric. The picture makes it look black, but it's really purple. This is one of the 28 quilt tops that needs quilted. I will get to it eventually.

I think this next quilt went to a friend of my husband or someone I work with. I can't remember. I love the dog fabric. This top was fun because it doesn't have the normal mitered corners that you find in Attic Window patterns. The pattern has you cheat and make a 1/2 square triangle. I like cheating.


Well, I think Grace and I are off to bed. Great night for sleeping because it's cool and the rain is coming down gently. Have a great night!

2 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Becky all the quilts are just so lovely...

Anonymous said...

They are all beautiful! There is something special about one or two-colored quilts, though, so I must say I am particularly fond of the red and white one.

:-)