Monday, April 20, 2009

Quilt Show & More

International Quilt Show

Well, I tried to make a movie of my pictures, but I think I need a bit more practice before torturing everyone. Beware though. The show was AWESOME. There were a TON of people there. Grace had fun taking pictures of almost every quilt we looked at. Shopping was overwhelming. There was WAY too much stuff to look at. Maybe it's because I wasn't feeling 100% and having to keep a very watchful eye on my sidekick took some of the enjoyment out of it. None the less we had a great time.

While walking the show, I kept hearing a recurring theme from a lot of the older quilters in attendance. The show really showcased art quilts. There weren't very many traditional quilts. I kept hearing people complain, Where are the patchwork quilts? Where is the hand quilting? I hadn't really thought about it until we were almost done. There really wasn't a lot of traditional items to be found.

I got to make a visit to urgent care on Saturday morning. Strep. UGH. Took Grace into her pediatrician today and she's also positive. Nothing that 10 days of antibiotics can't cure.

Saturday was a trip to IKEA. Oh my! I'm so glad I don't live there anymore or I would have no money at all. I will share some of the items we saw (through Grace's eyes) in a later post. When I go back in June for my class reunion, I'm going to have to drive a van for all of my intended purchases.

That's all for now. Hope you enjoy the pictures.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

The pictures are great! So glad you and your sidekick had a good time. Sorry you were sick and now Grace. Take care. And Thanks again for all the help.