Monday, December 7, 2009

Where Does Time Go???

Again I ask, where does time go? Is there a way to get some of it back? I really would like a couple more hours for fun stuff in the day. I can dream can't I?

I've been busy. I'm not sure what my deal is but I'm feeling rather inclined / compelled / something to finish up projects. For me that's a good thing since I have pile upon pile of stuff that needs to be finished.

Pictures are out of order, but here goes:

Shiner found 2 freshly quilted quilts to hang out on. I need to cut bindings and put those on and they will be done. 2 down about 15 more to be quilted. I really wish I were kidding. I put a 3rd top on the frame Saturday, but after one pass I didn't like how the quilting looked, so I'm ripping a little each night before bed. Great way to calm the mind and fall sound asleep. Side note - I think the cat is still recovering from his hectic weekend. 2 little girls chasing him around the house, dressing him up in a tutu, putting a collar on him and trying to walk him like the dog. Probably a little more stress than he needed or wanted.

A little collage of Christmas embroidery items. I'm making holiday towels and hope to have them done this week. Still working on Christmas ornaments. I think I will make a whole family of gingerbread people, as well as snowmen.
Ho Ho Ho is on a blanket that I got from Wal-Mart. I volunteered to make some items to go into a raffle / auction for Ronald McDonald House as part of our annual fundraiser. I think that some Christmas gifts that we are giving might look surprisingly similar. I can't believe how easy it was to do the embroidery. I love Five Star Designs.

Another donation sweatshirt for the little girl Grace's class is sponsoring for Christmas. Grace was so impressed that I knew how to spell the little girl's name. Again, Five Star Fonts.

Saturday I went to a seminar. Walter Floriani was the speaker and boy did he. What a great educator and speaker. His family stories were amazing. The picture above is Walter showing a page from his grandfather's sample book. The samples he shared were embroidered lace from the 1920s through 40s. Amazing details, given the technology of the time. Walter walked the group through all of his stabilizers that are on the market. Wow, very very informative.

Well, that's all for tonight. I'm off to bed early tonight. Have a great night.

No comments: