Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Some Days

Some days being a mom is just rough.  I had to share my night last night.  Miss Grace is 6 and is very independent, verbal and quite loveable.  Last night, not so much.  We had a very busy weekend and I think it must have completely caught up with her last night.  No matter what I said, she would burst into tears.  Tears over taking the dog for a walk.  Tears over dinner.  Tears over one television show.  Tears at shower time.  Tears, tears and more tears.  All I saw as tears from 5PM when I picked her up until 8PM when she went to bed.  Her final words, I'm tired and it's all your fault because you wouldn't let me go to bed last night.  The beauty of her statement, she was in bed by 8PM on Sunday night and sound alseep by 8:15PM. 

Boy oh boy, I can't wait until the hormones really kick in.

1 comment:

Vesuviusmama said...

I hear you and can completely relate. Luckily, the smiles and hugs and happy times far outnumber the tears...