Monday, May 9, 2011

Book Review

This is SO NOT ME!!! Let's just get this clear up front. I'm not a big reader. I like what I like. I don't review books. Not good at recommending books. Again, it's the I like what I like and I'm not going to debate about it - I like it, you don't so what, move on. Either it grabs me or it doesn't. I'm reading Two Kisses for Maddy by Matt Logelin. Matt's been on Oprah, but that's certainly not why I'm reading it (Oprah's not on my good list anymore...sorry Oprah fans - which is a whole other story and again not willing to debate).   This book and story grabbed me and won't let me go. It's the best LOVE story I've ever read. It's a love story I wish I knew first hand. It breaks my heart and I cry. Not just a little tear, full on blubber (today at the park during soccer practice). I get it. I thought I might have to live it at one point, but didn't thankfully.

My mom died when I was 7.  I got the chance to get to know her and see how she and my dad interacted.  Although it was foreign then and made little sense at that age.  This book gives me a little bit of insight now into my dad's head.   Granted I was not a new born, but given that my mom died in 1973, things where way different.  It helps me understand why he jumped right into another marriage.  That he felt like he couldn't do it on his own.

If you are offended by "blue" language then be forewarned.  It's just REAL and raw and true emotions on paper.

Check out Matt's blog.


No comments: