Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Who Knew????

Seriously, who knew that 9 year olds were so stinking smart????? Apparently I wasn't aware until mine helped me out by saying one simple thing last night - Youtube.

I was having a serious issue with my quilting machine on Monday night. Not sure what I did, but I managed to mess the tension up pretty bad.  Well I do know what I did, I decided to use different thread than what I normally use.  There is so much out there in terms of thread that I've pretty much decided I need to step out of my box and give some of them a try, which then means adjusting the tension on the machine.

So at dinner last night I told the munchkin I was going to the girl cave after we got done to see if I could figure out how to adjust the tension CORRECTLY on my machine. In typical fashion she announced, just look on Youtube mom, there's a video for everything. She couldn't have been more correct.

I found this video by Jamie Wallen on adjusting tension. Thank you Jamie, you are the solution to every problem I've created on my machine. Take a look and listen. Makes perfect sense.



Just remember the infamous words of a very smart 9 year old - There's a video for everything. (and probably some things you don't really want to see videos of)

Happy stitching.

1 comment:

Eileen said...

Hi Becky,
I have listed your blog on my blog for an award that I've received. Pass it on if you like.
Eileen