Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!



I don't think I can count this as my first finished project for 2008. I had a friend at work make a baby quilt and she needed it quilted. I think it turned out great for a first time quilt maker. She called me one day and had me help her fussy cut the first of the blocks. What a quick learner, because she thanked me and sent me on my way. I stopped by one night after work and helped her put the first block together and again I was sent on my way. After a couple of questions, she handed over the finished quilt top. I embroidered the baby's name on the border and did the machine quilting. I found a wave pantograph pattern to match the surfboard and Woody theme of her quilt. I think the design was probably a bit beyond my abilities, but I didn't let it stop me. I can't wait to see what the quilt looks like with the binding completed.

No comments: