Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Busy Busy

We had crazy weather here today. When I left the house for work it was 52*. By the time I made it to work and was heading in, I heard the DJ say the temp was 21*. I was only in the car for 1/2 an hour. Then on top of the cold front that moved in, we had Chicago type wind and blowing snow. Would have been a GREAT day to stay in and sew.

Tonight I was busy busy busy. I finished UFO #3 (top) Jelly Roll (Moda - Celebrate Spring) baby quilt. It's very similar to one I posted previously. I must have something for wrinkles. Seems that there is one in almost every picture - oh well.



I also made a bag for my 4 year old. She saw the exact purse and pattern when we went to Quiltfest in Chicago in November. Quiltsmart was the booth we got the pattern at. Very slick. The idea was to take the thinking and measuring out of making the bag and they succeeded. They provided printed interfacing and all you do is fuse the chosen fat quarters, cut and sew. Very very simple. I think it took me all of 1/2 an hour to make the complete bag. The worst part was trying to turn the handles right side out. I'm always challenged by that though.



Modeled by the Bag Model (acting goofy)



Tomorrow night I'm going to try and get the other 2 bags done that I committed to.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Sounds like the weather in KC today! Crazy! Love your quilt projects as well!
Laurie