Saturday, March 22, 2008

UFO #7 (Quilted)

This week got away from me. Seems like there was a lot going on, but there really wasn't. I did finish UFO #7. YIPPEE. The fabric is Spring Fling from Moda. In typical Becky fashion, I bought a jelly roll and made 2 tops from it. I quilted a free hand flower on it in pink thread. I thought the quilting would stand out more. Again, pleased with my efforts. My friend Pam is going to help me with some quilting lessons next weekend. Hopefully her efforts will help me get a few quilt tops completed.




This morning I spent some time perusing magazines. I'm addicted to quilt magazines. Actually that addiction is almost as bad as the fabric one. The magazine aisle at the grocery store, Target, Walmart, Lowes is a must. I think I'm going to try to put a couple quick tops together, so that I have some more practice tops for next Saturday. I think the Simply Strippy (Easy Quilts Magazine, Fons & Porter) will help me use up some stash and will allow me to have lines follow.




Next weekend is the the Quilt Shop Hop here in Kansas City. I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to hit some of the stores or lay low. It's also Charm School at Harper's, so I might just have to get out for a little bit. Oh the dilemmas that I face.
Edit: I'm a week ahead. Shop Hop is April 3-6, not this next weekend. Oops

Happy Easter to Everyone!!!

1 comment:

jacquie said...

Thanks for sharing Pam's blog. She sounds fun! I'm not sure I'll do the shop hop. Maybe next year!