Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I Spy, MQS and the Kitchen Sink

Tonight's post is about a little bit of everything, thus the kitchen sink reference.

MQS (Machine Quilter's Showcase) starts tomorrow and I can hardly stand it. Decided not to take classes this year. The show itself will be enough for me. I have been saving my pennies, so I'm planning on doing some serious shopping.

I Spy - Completed this evening for a baby shower on Friday. I need to get the binding on and sew it down. Hopefully I can get that done, otherwise I'm going to be huge Indian giver. My friend decided to not find out the sex of the baby. Because of that I couldn't figure out what to make. Finally I Spy came to mind. Scary thing - didn't have to buy any fabric for this one. All of it came from my stash - batting and backing included. I embroidered I SPY on the top, bottom and sides.


Last but not least, Mother's Day. I decided to do one domestic thing and change the sheets on our guest bed. The Munchkin has decided she likes sleeping in there rather than her own bed. I figure if she's sleeping in a bed that isn't mine, I'm good with where ever she picks. Below are pictures of the layers that were removed from the bed. I completely forgot how many quilts I had piled on that bed.

Layer 1:
Made when working at Cloth World. The manager
wanted a quilt made out of chintz (very shiny). For free
fabric, I'm game. The shine disappered after
the first wash.

Layer 2:
First paper pieced quilt. 84 pieces in each block.
Not sure what I was thinking. I also didn't
understand the concept of light, 2 mediums and a dark


Layer #3:
Silly Santas that I bought 10 yards of. I still
have about 4 yards left.


Layer #4:
The lump is the cat who felt the need
to be on the bed as I was trying to take the bed apart.
This quilt was made about 10 years ago. Started out as
a twin and quickly turned into an over sized king.


Tomorrow or Thursday, I will post all the beauties from MQS that I take photos of. OK, maybe not all of them, but quite a few. Until then, sleep tight.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank-you for the great quilt show. Liked them all of course. The big surprise came when I saw "Layer 1". I had that blue fabric "back in the day" and loved it. I still do - brings back a lot of memories from my use of the fabric.