Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Projects

No pictures to share this morning. I have been sewing like a crazy person though. Hopefully tonight or tomorrow I will have something for show and tell. Over the weekend I managed to get a quilt quilted for my mother in law. What a relief. I have been sitting on it since January, so I'm sure she was convinced it was lost in the depths of the "cave". Grace and I will deliver it to her this evening.


Last night I got the wild hair to pull out a couple simple jelly roll projects. Have I shared how much I LOVE JELLY ROLLS. I know some people think they are a waste of money, but I love them. I love have a whole line of fabric in my hands. I love not having to cut 2 1/2 inch strips. I love that the 2 1/2 inch strips are straight and don't have an L in them like mine normally do. I just LOVE jelly rolls. I also love that with a yard or 2 of extra fabric, I can get 2 good size lap quilts from one jelly roll.



So, I found a pattern (above) by M'Liss Rae Hawley in my new 2009 Quilt calendar that I just picked up. It caught my eye because I knew it would go together fairly quick, which truly is the case. I can hardly wait to get it finished up tonight.

Well, I better get busy. Have a great day.





5 comments:

Mary Johnson said...

Don't you just love quick projects? I'm anxious to do some piecing but I've got one more top to get quilted first.

jacquie said...

you are the jelly roll queen. this looks like a cute pattern. quick is nice...why do i never choose quick? i'm trying hard to get hannah's grad quilt done...so many messes and ripping...arrg!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That is a lovely project. I love jelly rolls as well. I think by the time you wrestle with all those pieces of fabric lining them up, and you trim out those raggedy edges, you wind up spending more time and money than when you simply get a jelly roll. I mix and match mine so I'm not limited to one fabric line.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it'll make a beautiful quilt! I wish I lived in a country where you could buy jelly rolls :-)

Amanda Jean said...

I never used a jelly roll before. I like the idea of getting pre-cut strips that are straight...I may have to break down and purchase some soon.