Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving!! I'm sitting here smelling the stuffing cooking and I can hardly wait to eat. We are heading to my husband's parents house up the street.

I keep sitting here thinking about Thanksgiving and all that I have to be thankful for. I'm so incredibly blessed and seem to forget that completely from time to time (which right now is a crying shame).

  • We moved into a beautiful house last year and have some some really WONDERFUL neighbors.
  • My in-laws live less than 5 miles from us now instead of 5 states away. More of the clan will be moving to the KC area tomorrow, so now we will have even more family members to celebrate the holidays with.
  • My husband lost his job in July and was out of work for quite a while. He starts a new job on Monday.
  • Grace, Grace and Grace - although there are days I want to pull my hair out, she makes me smile more than I ever have. There is never a dull moment with her.
  • My wonderful husband who has taken up healthy living. It's great to see him smiling again.
  • I sold my first quilt this week on Etsy, which was very satisfying. The site allows me to feed the quilting / fabric beast. I'm thankful that I have a family that understands that quilting is something I enjoy and it makes me happy to spend time sewing.
That's enough sharing, otherwise I could go on and on and on.

Tonight is the big lighting ceremony on the Country Club Plaza. We won't be there in person, but in spirit. I'm sure when Grace gets older we will be making yearly trips down to watch in person.



No comments: