Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Trying to Catch Up

Happy July 1st. I'm still trying to figure out where June went. Guess when I do, then I should figure out where May and April and March, etc. went too.

Finally, I have quilt pictures from the show to share. These are from the NQA show we went to in Columbus on June 19th. The quilts were absolutely wonderful. I didn't get as many pictures as I wanted because the camera was dropped on the cement floor at the show and it hasn't work right since. I know what I will be buying shortly and it won't be fabric. The picture below is one tired kid who is now trying to make it through life without naps in preparation for kindergarten in August. Needless to say, she hits the car and she's out cold.
NQA Quilt Show

Today is the official merger date for the company I work for. We are merging with another telephone company. Things will definitely be changing. Good bad or indifferent, seems to be part of the business climate these days.

Big plans for the weekend? Friday night we plan to head to First Friday's in downtown Kansas City. It's fun because many of the starving artists open up their studios for you to go through. There are bands and lots of food. I think that is the most exciting thing we have planned for the long weekend. My hope is to get some serious embroidery work done this weekend in preparation for my "Ladies Night Out" event on June 11th.

Have a great 4th!

2 comments:

jacquie said...

what a cutie!! i sure hope to see you friday!

Zegi said...

I was at the show too...it was great! My daughter struggles with naps too. I'm sure the kindergarten teachers are quite used to kids learning not to nap :)