Saturday, January 9, 2010

Eventful Weekend

Well here is yet another tumbler quilt top that I made using my Go-Cutter. I think I'm going to go and check out other dies this afternoon.

Last night Miss G spent the night with grandparents, so we got to go to the movies - Avatar (3D). First, I've never been to a 3D movie so that was quite and experience. I really didn't think I would like the movie, but I loved it. I like science fiction, so this movie was great in terms of sci fi. My husband made the comment that James Cameron had dreamed of making this movie for a long time. It's awesome to think that someone can take something so out of the norm and turn into something so visually cool. After the movie we got to go for coffee. Then home to watch another movie - The Flying Scottsman. Great flick too, but you have to like bicycling.

Miss G turns 6 on Wednesday and she asked for a pink bedroom so we are painting this weekend. OH MY. It's going to take about 4 coats to cover the lavender that was on the walls. My hubby is there now putting the 2nd coat of primer. I'm hoping we can get one coat of paint on tonight.

Well, until tomorrow. I've been working on another top that was on my list. Hopefully I can get it all done tomorrow.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

jacquie said...

happy birthday to grace! go pink!

Vesuviusmama said...

What wonderful fabrics! Here's my question - what do you do with the edges of one of those tumbler quilts? Do you leave them uneven, or do you add partial blocks?