flickr that I read far too many blogs and look at way too many quilt pictures. I thought my completed top was a Becky original. No, not original. My little brain stored this beauty away after seeing it else where. So back to flickr, tonight I found out this is a "Liberated Wedding Ring" from Gwen Marston. I love Gwen, so I'm glad that I was able to replicate something she came up without her pattern. I need to figure out some sort of cool quilting pattern for the black squares.
The pattern was very easy to replicate. I used some packs of charm squares that I picked up for another project. I cut them in half and then mixed them up and sewed them back together. The black fabric is a 7 inch square cut in half. I cut the stripped fabric long enough that both ends would clear the longest side of my 1/2 square triangle. Once the block was sewn I re-sized each block to 8 1/2 inches. I think I'm going to have to make another using all sorts of scraps instead of a single fabric line. With a light background instead of something so dark. While I love the way the black looks, it shows every stray thread, cat hair and piece of lint that I might have on my basement floor.
This week is MQS (Machine Quilter's Showcase). Can't wait to go and see all the beauties and do a little shopping. This year I'm going to spend my cash on thread. Now that I have my new machine to quilt with, it will be fun to get some new thread and maybe a template or two. And maybe some fabric. Ok, I see my budget being blown all to heck.
Have a great night.