Friday, July 30, 2010

Scraps - Go Chisel

I know someone is going to ask about waste or scraps since that seems to be the big issue/hang up that people have with the Go Cutter.  Yes there is going to be some waste.  I folded so that I could try to minimize the amount of waste though.  I've decided that I'm good with the scraps that are generated because I can use them to make string quilts or something along those lines.  There are enough free-form block patterns floating around in the blogosphere that I really am OK with any waste that might happen.

My picture below is what's left after cutting from a 1/2 yard of fabric.  Remember I was able to get 32 chisels that measure 3.5" wide by 6.5" long.  Because I'm some what challenged at math, I had my husband do the calculation for me.  If I cut myself, not using the Go Cutter, I would have been able to get 30.  Because the points are placed together on the die, I can get 2 extra.  I know that I can not cut like that on my own when it comes to a "funky" shape.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a great chisel idea.
I have been cutting them from scraps- and have little waste.
Sue in MA