Tuesday, August 6, 2013

A Few Finishes

I'm way behind on posting and pictures, basically way behind on everything. Oh well.

First up is a quilt that I made as a graduation present for my best friend's son. He is going to Illinois State in 2 weeks. The pattern is the original Turning Twenty. I love the pattern because it allowed me to put the school t-shirt in and was just the right size. It is quick to sew together too.

  Brad's Quilt Finished

This same friend has several brothers and the oldest was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer recently.  It really hit me hard because he's only 10 years older than us (me and my friend).  My mom also died when I was 7 of pancreatic cancer.  It's a horrible disease and very very painful.  Since I don't live close sending food wouldn't be a good idea.  Plus I'm a horrible cook and he's already sick, so no need to make his nausea worse.  Instead I decided to send a quilt to let him know that I'm thinking about him and praying for him and his family.

  What Cancer Cannot Do Quilt
I cut out way to many blocks for the graduation quilt, so I thought why not use the same color scheme, cut out a few more and then do some embroidery.  I used the sayings "What Cancer Cannot Do" that I found on the Block Party Studios website.

What Cancer Cannot Do

I have made a bit of progress on my Medallion QAL project.  The idea was to make 16 blocks for the quilt top.  I've been having so much fun, I've got 21 done and shooting for another 15.

Medallion QAL

Well, I think that's all I have to share for now.  I'm off to work on quilting a top that I started on this weekend.  Hopefully I can finish it up tonight and possibly load another.  I'm on a mission to get some stuff finished up.  Soccer season is just around the corner, so it's nice to have something to sit and stitch on during practices.

Have a great night!!

 

No comments: