Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Medallion QAL

I finished my top today for the Medallion QAL that Jenny at Sew Kind of Wonderful hosted.  I was really afraid of curves.  Because of how gentle the curve is, they don't scare me quite as bad anymore.  The top was supposed to be 16 blocks, but I had so much fun I made 30.  I have 6 more that I will probably add to the back of the quilt when I'm ready to quilt it.

Medallion QAL Top Complete

Medallion QAL Top

The cancer quilt I made, made it to it's new home.  The recipient was very happy and sent me a really nice note. Yesterday evening I found out that he got some bad news.  He's made it through 4 chemo treatments and has been feeling a bit better.  Since he's at the 4 of 8 mark, it was time for an assessment.  The tumor has not shrunk at all and now there is another spot that was detected.  Tomorrow will bring yet another MRI to assess what's going on.

I can't stop thinking about him and what he's going through. I can't stop thinking about his family and extended family and what they are going through.

Frame of mind is very important when fighting cancer.  I get that, but how do you stay positive all the time?  He mentioned that it's hard to keep that positive view and not have the negative thoughts slip in.

I guess this just me typing and thinking and wanting it off my chest for a bit.  Thanks for reading my rambling thoughts.

Have a great night!  I'm off to book club shortly.  This month we read The Round House by Louise Edrich.  I'm not sure I would recommend it.  Definitely not something I would have picked on my own to read.

No comments: