Thursday, December 13, 2007

All I Want for Christmas...

All I want for Christmas is a personal quilting retreat weekend. I submitted my formal request this morning to Father Christmas. I'm hoping that the response will be a positive one and not one filled with hysterical laughter. The way I see this playing out is I get an entire weekend (Friday night to Sunday afternoon) to retreat to my sewing lair (aka the basement) to do nothing but sew. The two other inhabitants of the house will need to pretend that I'm not on premise and make the best of the weekend without me. When I emerge from my lair to use the bathroom or forage in the refrigerator, the rules will be that I'm invisible. I truly think the scenario is doable for everyone involved. Getting them to buy into it will be slightly challenging. I figure this could be just as hard for me as well. It's fun to see what's going on when you hear lots of hooping and hollering coming from the living room.

Option 2 also submitted to Father Christmas was to visit Grandma and Grandpa in Omaha (minus me) for a long weekend. That makes the pretending not necessary and possibly easier for a 3, almost 4 year old to play along with.

This has to be the best gift I have ever asked for. I'll keep you posted on what Father Christmas brings me.

No comments: