Thursday, April 3, 2008

April, How'd It Get to Be April????

I just looked at the calendar and it's April 3rd. How did it get to be April?

This year is flying already. I was going to reflect on what I got done in March, but I don't think I got all that much done. I can say that I have done more quilting in the first 3 months of this year than I did all last year and probably the year before. That's a good thing. Just wish I could push more stuff out the door. I keep trying to remind myself that I'm a working wife and mom and there are other things that need my time too.

This week I have been very busy. I'm working on bags for the photographer and hope to have about 15 handed off on Saturday. I started 2 new projects (instead of finishing 2 old projects). The stash of Batiks was pulled out, ironed and even cut up. The other huge stash of fabric in my collection is Red, White & Blue (Patriotic theme). I pulled out all of the scraps from 2 stack & whack quilts and cut them into strips and started making string blocks. I started out using paper as my foundation and that turned into a big mess so I switched to muslin. That is working MUCH better.
I will be sure to post some pictures this weekend. Or maybe even tonight, who knows.

Today is the start of Quilt Shop Hop here in the KC area. I have been telling myself no all along, but I think I might have to sneak out this afternoon. Just know that there is a fabric shopping frenzy going on and I'm not part of it, is KILLING me.

Blogger is doing crazy stuff this morning. So sorry for spelling mistakes and no links.

EDIT:
Pictures of my 2 projects from above. I still want to make 12 more red, white & blue blocks before deciding on the placement. I'm not so sure about the IN & OUT pattern. I like the pattern, but my colors are very WILD. Sorry reminds of my college days and someone blowing technicolor chunks.






1 comment:

jacquie said...

I'm with you...no shopping allowed so I'm driving myself nuts looking at my stash and talking to myself...I need oops want this...want this...want this...