Monday, May 11, 2009

Just thought I would check in this morning. All is well. Mother's Day was great. Grace & hubby took me to Ingredient for breakfast. If you ever get the chance to go there, do. It was wonderful. I had an omelette where I got to pick the ingredients (those are the best), some totally awesome breakfast potatoes and coffee. Grace got a HUGE pancake with her choice of 3 toppings. She thought syrup needed to be one so she ordered double and then looked very confused when the girl told her syrup came with the meal. Hubby got a breakfast pie with his choice of toppings. We were in and out in 40 minutes, which was nice.

I got a gift certificate to Fat Quarter Shop, so I had to a little shopping this morning. I bought 3 Anka Treasure books. Now I'm going to be impatiently watching the mail box. In perusing the website, I was excited to see there is a whole section of Christmas charm squares, jelly rolls, etc. I can't believe I'm going to say it, but I'm ready for the Christmas sewing to start.

I was able to spend some time futzing around in the girl cave yesterday. No sewing, but lots of ironing and cutting. There are 2 large totes full of scraps under my quilting frame. I've decided that I need to start cutting the scraps into 4.5" through 6.5" squares as well as 2.5" strips. I managed to clear out the patriotic fabric and cut the remnants into strips and get those all nicely folded in a plastic shoe box. Then I cut strips from some other large pieces I found at the bottom of the tote. The rest has been ironed and ready to be cut up tonight or sometime this week. Hopefully with all of this cutting, I can get some of my mess cleared up and the mind reeling to start some new projects.

Tonight is Grace's last dance class, so there will be a recital. Can't wait.

Have a great day!

No comments: