Saturday, August 28, 2010

Saturday

I'm really not sure where this week went, but it definitely flew by.  We are heading to the pool shortly to enjoy a end of  summer party with the subdivision.  Should be fun.  Some one is going to very sad when the tube has to be deflated for the season. 

I finally got my Pickety Sticks quilt top quilted and bound.  I love how wrinkly it go when I washed it and dried it on HOT.  The pattern is by Tula Pink.  I really think I'm going to have to make another one in bright colors like this. 
Pickety Sticks Finished

I quilted it using Daisy Swirl from Willow Leaf Designs and a really bright variegated thread from Signature.  I will definitely be using this design on a lot of kids quilts.  It was fun to do and turns out great.
Machine quilting

The picture doesn't do this quilt justice.  It is so bright and happy.  The pattern is from Blue Underground.  Makes me smile every time I look at it.  I used Dizzy from Willow Leaf Studio. 
Batik Squares

I'm finally starting to make a dent in some of my quilting.  I've decided no more new projects until I get some of the tops hanging in the closet done.  I'm going to put another on the frame this morning and hopefully will be able to work on it tomorrow.  It's been nice to have some hand sewing to do right before I go to bed.  Great way to relax and start the wind down.

1 comment:

Teaquilts said...

Love your quilts Becky. They are awesome and I love the bright colors.